Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies - Nailed It!


Well I am finally back and all moved into my new apartment!  My roommates aren't back yet though, so I've been kind of bored. Sooo last night I decided to make cookies, because that's what I do when I'm bored.


Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies - Nailed It!

These cookies actually turned out surprisingly well, considering I forgot to buy baking soda when I got the ingredients..I ended up just using one teaspoon of salt instead of 1/2 teaspoon, and  adding another 1/4-1/3 cup of sugar to fix the saltiness.  The only weird part was that the bottoms were really chewy...I'm not sure if that was supposed to happen or if it was my bad.





Ingredients
4 oz cream cheese, softened (recipe called for 5-6 but I only had 4)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups plus 3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix together the melted and cooled butter, softened cream cheese, and sugars. (Here the recipe actually said to cream these ingredients together, but I don't have my mixer up here and I'm not sure if you even can cream melted butter...so I just used a spoon, and it worked out fine. Just make sure your cream cheese is fully softened)




Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the butter/sugar/cream cheese mixture. Add the chocolate chips. 



 At this point the dough will be very stiff. Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.



Bake in a 325 degree oven for 12-14 minutes (mine ended up actually needing about 15-16 minutes)



Remove from cookie sheet and try not to eat too many! (or just go for it and eat as many as you want) :]





No comments:

Post a Comment