Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Post and Past Nails and Fails

Hello!

So this is a blog where I try out things I find on Pinterest and write about how they come out, since there are so many things on Pinterest that just do not come out at all how I expect them to.  My friend Lindsay suggested it, and I decided what the heck, maybe it'll actually get me to try more of the things I pin, since usually this is me:


    


So here are a few Pinterest nails and fails from the past:



Baked Donut Holes - Failed It!

(this is the Pinterest pic, I didn't take a picture of mine)

"Failed It" may be too strong for these, and most likely due to badly executed ideas of my own. They came out ok, but nothing like I expected. They were mostly just  slightly sweet bread.  I omitted the cinnamon-sugar topping, as I was planning on filling them with Nutella, but that didn't work.  I basically ended up slathering some Nutella on top and left them out with the hope that my roommates would eat them. They ended up being very messy, and just generally not as good as I had hoped. These might be worth another try with the cinnamon-sugar topping.



Laughing Cow Cheese on Cucumbers - Nailed It!

laughing cow on cucumbers -- good, but i still kinda miss the cracker. nice light snack though
(again, the picture is stolen from Pinterest) 

This is basically just the idea of spreading Laughing Cow cheese (35 calories per wedge) on cucumbers instead of crackers.  It was good (though I did miss the cracker) but I would say definitely worth the calories saved from the crackers.


Cookie Cake - Failed It!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake -- kinda salty and puffy. didn't turn out like i was hoping
Pinterest pic
I was looking for a recipe for a cookie cake like the ones from Great American Cookies, because my boyfriend Austin asked me to learn how to make one, and I said yes because I'm a good girlfriend (to be fair, he did help me make it :]).  This one was ok, but slightly too puffy like other homemade cookie cakes I've seen, and too salty.  

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies - Nailed It!

Peanut Butter Cup cookies -- SOOO GOOD. will be making them again
Pinterest Pic

Holy COW these were good! I made a batch of them last Christmas, planning on having half to set out for my family, and half to save to give to Austin.  The entire batch was gone in about four days, and I ended up having to make another and hide the ones I was saving for Austin. I'm definitely making them again next year!


I have a few more Nails and Fails from the past, but I figure you're probably tired of reading for now, so I'll save them for the next post. I figure these posts will be much shorter, and will include pictures of my actual attempts once I get up to date.

Alright, I'm prepared. Bring it on, family, I can handle your comments :]

2 comments: