Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Few More Past Fails

"Another post, already? Seems a bit soon, doesn't it?"
Well yeah, but I'm sitting here waiting for my dad to get home so we can begin the 14 HOUR trip back to Katy, Texas (we're only going as far as Lubbock, TX tonight though), and I am bored and antsy to get in the car so that I can get back out again.

This is kind of a depressing post, as none of these worked out...but oh well :]

No Bake Vanilla Cake Batter Chocolate Truffles - FAILED IT!

http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/04/no-bake-vanilla-cake-batter-chocolate-truffles.html

These turned out absolutely awful.  They are basically just sweetened condensed milk and box cake mix mixed together and dipped in chocolate.  But I thought I'd give them a try because a) I was looking for a new truffle recipe, b) I love recipes where the names have about 17 adjectives, and c) I thought what the hey, they'll be terrible for you, but you can't go too wrong with such a simple recipe. I WAS WRONG. YOU CAN.  These ended up looking just like the picture, but tasting awful. They were grainy and salty and just bad.  I ended up eating the chocolate shell off of them and throwing the middle away.

Panda Cupcakes - Failed It!

Panda Cupcake -- didn't go so well, tried to use cake balls for the head...really messy and just bad
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pandas-vanilla-heart-Cup-Cake-D/

Look how cute it is! Mine did not turn out that way...at all. In the instructions it said to use some sort of Portugese edible clay..? Needless to say, I couldn't find that but I figured I could just use cake balls instead.  Except I didn't make vanilla cake balls, I used the extra chocolate cake batter from the cupcakes and thought I'd cover them in powdered sugar...nope. Didn't work. At all. The brown showed through the powdered sugar (as you probably assumed it would), and the panda heads kept falling off cause they were too heavy.  They COULD have been cute but they just...weren't.

Whoops, gotta end this a bit early. My dad's home! Time to get in the car for 6 hours! yaaay... Haha

(In other news, my brother's fiancee Laura just asked me to be a bridesmaid for their wedding!!! Actual YAAAY!!! *happy dance* Haha, I'm so psyched!! :D)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're so excited!! Its going to be so much fun! I'm also amazed by how much stuff from pinterest you actually try haha

    ReplyDelete