Monday, September 24, 2012

Oreo Truffle Brownies - Nailed It!

This weekend I went to Austin to visit my friend for her birthday.  As a birthday gift I made her these brownies, because I really wanted to try them, but I wanted them to end up nowhere near me.  Two and a half hours SHOULD be far enough away....maybe.  They came out great..suuuper rich, but that hasn't ever bothered me.  They were so intensely rich Angela decided that they should be dubbed Breakup Brownies.

Oreo Truffle Brownies (Or Breakup Brownies) - Nailed it!

Oreo Truffle Brownies..can't believe i'm pinning these
From Chef-in-Training
Ingredients
  • For Brownies
    • 2 boxes Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mixes
  • For Oreo Truffle Layer
    • 1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreos
    • 4-8 oz. cream cheese softened
  • For Chocolate Layer
    • Milk Chocolate
    • 3 oz Whipping cream


Mix together brownie mixes as directed on the back of the box. I know I should probably make brownies from scratch, but these Ghirardelli ones are so good it just doesn't seem worth it.


Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees


As the brownies are baking, crush the entire package of Double Stuffed Oreos in a bag (Yes, it does actually take the entire package, which I didn't expect) and mix in 4 oz. of cream cheese. I just mixed these together in the bag because I didn't feel like getting the bowl dirty again


AFTER brownies have cooled (a step I neglected, which is why the truffle layer is kind of clumpy and didn't spread well), spread Oreo-cream cheese layer over the top.


Finally, heat whipping cream (I used about 2-3 oz) and pour over chocolate chips (I used most of a big bag of milk chocolate chips). Stir until chocolate chips melt.  Pour over brownies (...The original recipe just said to melt chocolate and spread it over brownies, but I didn't want a hard layer, I wanted it to be more like frosting.)

These were...not the prettiest, because I was a little pressed for time and didn't wait for them to cool, but they were a delicious mess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment